Home Forums Caregiver Wellness Self-Care

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Eboni Green
    Participant

It’s easy for people to say, “take care of yourself.” However, most caregivers do not know where to start when it comes to self-care. I know I didn’t. When my daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor I wasn’t sure how I would cope. I ended up operating on auto-pilot until I was so distressed that I fell apart.

How are you coping?

Take a listen to Assessing
    Also please share your best practices for self-care.

nicoledauz
    Participant

The wellbeing of caregivers is an important topic and I love the caregiver wellness assessment that you’ve prepared. My best practices for self-care include daily walks in nature, journalling and meditation.

Rob McClenahan
    Participant

The importance of adopting effective self-care methodologies can never be overlooked for caregivers rendering care in homebound and institutionalized care environments, so thank you for sharing the availability of a germane topic impacting the lives of caregivers from all walks of life. My constructive suggestion is to adopt the principles of techno stress by “unplugging” from the Internet and smartphones when exercising, or reserving ample time throughout each day while completing a leisure or work activity without feeling the necessity of browsing online, or checking for incoming text and email messages. In our digital world, too much online usage is an aggravating factor in becoming too high-strung in an already stressful caregiver role.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.